Hello!

Krumbs began as a business project by two friends - one with a great passion for food, writing and creative designs; the other, an artistic soul with inspiring talent in the world of digital animation and stage performances.

Krumbs kick-started when we went mad for cookies and sweet treats. All we could ever think about was to live and indulge in the land of delectable goodies - where blades of grass were sweet tasting candies; tree barks were made of rich, buttery shortbreads; pebbles and stones that were in fact chocolate cheese truffles; and the best of all, rivers filled with molten chocolate (slurps!). To that, we spent months perfecting lip-smacking sweet delights, and shared it with the world.

Join us on this blog to satisfy sweet and savoury cravings as the cook and the baker continues with her endeavour in mastering the many types of cuisines and yummy desserts available out there. With every bit of discovery in the kitchen, you'll be treated to a delicious read!

And oh, did we mention - it's a business project? So if ever you get hungry, just drop us an email and we'll work something out and provide you with the best tummy therapy you can get! :)

Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Back with Some Sticky Goo!


This is bad. Really bad. I made a p
romise to myself to consistently update this blog with yummy goodies, but look at the last post! September 13? That's like.. uhm..*counts with fingers* well, it's just bad. Bad with a capital B-A-D. :(

There just seems to be so much to do, with so little time. Yea, i know - you have to MAKE time..But juggling three jobs at once is.. crazy. but fun. yet crazy. but FUN! :) Wouldn't trade it for the world!

Krumbs has made slow, but steady progress. We are getting ourselves well prepared for Christmas and CNY 2011. With tons of great ideas, it's just a matter of making it happen. For t
he rest of the month, we will be busy busy busy with sourcing and perfecting recipes. I have my breathe held, and fingers (and toes) crossed. :)

On the side, I've also been busy with the production of the mag and also keeping up with my part-time at Skewers. It's ironic how everytime, when I have articles to complete, I have this crazy urge and motivation to bake and do 101 things, but write. Hah!

So when the itch becomes unbearable, I give in. I baked these gooey golden luscious goodness at 1am two days back. My first attempt at caramel, and surprisingly it turned out way better than just OK. Friends enjoyed it and I was so glad because there was no way that I was going to finish up a 9inch-pan caramel bar (huge pile of sticky goo!) by myself.

I'm not posting the recipe because you don't want to know the amount of calories are in this. :P One things for sure, it's dead sinful. The buttery shortbread had a tinge of savoury taste went really well with the golden smooth, melt-in-your-mouth caramel..The melted dark chocolate completed the entire experience. The dark chocolate I used had 65% of cocoa content. So that balances out the sweetness from the caramel. It's was heaven. :9 I do plan to make this again. Any takers? :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

ME! ME! ME!! gimmegimmegimme