Hello!

Krumbs began as a business project by two friends - one with a great passion for food, writing and creative designs; the other, an artistic soul with inspiring talent in the world of digital animation and stage performances.

Krumbs kick-started when we went mad for cookies and sweet treats. All we could ever think about was to live and indulge in the land of delectable goodies - where blades of grass were sweet tasting candies; tree barks were made of rich, buttery shortbreads; pebbles and stones that were in fact chocolate cheese truffles; and the best of all, rivers filled with molten chocolate (slurps!). To that, we spent months perfecting lip-smacking sweet delights, and shared it with the world.

Join us on this blog to satisfy sweet and savoury cravings as the cook and the baker continues with her endeavour in mastering the many types of cuisines and yummy desserts available out there. With every bit of discovery in the kitchen, you'll be treated to a delicious read!

And oh, did we mention - it's a business project? So if ever you get hungry, just drop us an email and we'll work something out and provide you with the best tummy therapy you can get! :)

Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Knock Knock!

WE'RE BACK! :) :) :) God, I miss my blog. I do. I do. I do! :) Krumbs has gone dead for more than a year now. Ugh. But it's OK, it's never too late to make a come back right? :) So here's a recap of what has happened in the past year.

We took a break from the cookie scene as work and studies were literally killing. I struggled between excelling at my internship and keeping up with our baking orders. Eventually, when I was done with my internship and had actually stepped into the 'real' working world.. I painfully realised that time was never enough. So Krumbs took the backseat. :(

Today, Tammie and I are oceans apart. She's currently in New Zealand having the greatest time of her life! :) As for me.. well, after about a year and a half in the pr scene, I finally wanted out - desperately yearning to do something in relation to my passion. I doubt I need to reinforce that it's with food, right? Hah! I cannot deny the great pleasure I get, when standing in my kitchen - hovering over the stove waiting for mushrooms to saute, or dicing onions and carrots for a stew. ahh.. My way of de-stressing from work is cooking. Whether its 11pm / 4am, I can still find my way through my kitchen utensils to make / bake something!

So yea, long story short, I decided to take a break and work on a project and oh btw, Krumbs is back on :) This Ramadhan, we're re-selling our favourites - Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk & Cornflakes Crunch! (Oh! I've got a new variation to this - almonds! Yummy! You can have it, either almonds & raisins / raisins & chocolate / almonds & chocolate! Price remains the same.)


Now, with all the time in the world, I've been reconnecting with my kitchen for quite a bit. Some of my recent bakes include a honey and pine nut cake. It wasn't particularly my favourite, but I've had pretty good comments from those who tried. :) The cake was fluffy and fragrant - the source of sweetness came from good quality honey and golden syrup. The pine nuts gave it an excellent texture! And oh! I'm crazy about raisins, so I added a handful to my batter before popping it into the oven :P It tasted awesomeeeeee!

Honey and Pine Nut Cake (Can't remember where I got this recipe from :( So sorry, no credits!)
230g butter, diced
120ml clear honey
75ml golden syrup
100g light brown sugar
3 large eggs
85g toasted pine nut
230g self raising flour, sifted
Topping
28g toasted pine nut
4 tbsp clear honey


Very simple steps! Here goes:
Heat a saucepan and melt the butter, honey, golden syrup, and brown sugar. Once melted, lift off heat and cool for 10 minutes.
Beat in eggs (one at a time) into the butter, honey mixture.
Stir in flour, mix well and add pine nuts. Pour into cake tin and sprinkle the remaining pine nuts on the top.
Bake time: 1 hour, 10 mins, until cake skewer comes out clean. (I think I baked my cake for about an hour and half)

When the cake is ready, all you have to do is drizzle some warm honey and yummm! Dig in! :)

No comments: